- the classic: box the toy came it.
- the dog food: he loves to throw it all over the floor and watch the dogs run around eating it
- Tupperware and/or anything in the lower cupboards of my kitchen
- the credit card machine at the grocery store
- anything with buttons -- cell phones, remotes, etc. But they must be the actual, working ones. He knows when we've taken the batteries out an will not accept toy versions of the real thing.
I could go on, but I'll spare you.
Especially because I must share this fantastic Web site with you (shared with me by another toddler mom): knee bouncers. If your child wants to pound on your computer (and really, whose doesn't?) then you must go here. It full of games FOR toddlers. They can "play" by hitting any key. Some are just for fun and others cover basics like colors, numbers and shapes.
A life saver!