Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Things I Want: A matryoshka doll

(I'm thinking of starting an occasional series called Things I Want. This my first installation, so let me know what you think.)

I don't know why, but for about two years now, I have desperately wanted a matryoshka doll.

For all of you scratching your heads, matryoshka dolls are also called nesting dolls or babushka dolls. And I want one.

Of course, being me, I've got to be incredibly picky before I just buy a set. I want one or each of the following:
  • authentic, antique matryoshkas that are wooden and beautiful like the ones you see when you do a google image search: here
  • modern, unique martryoshkas like the ones by this guy: Made by Joel
  • whimsical, functional matryoshkas like these cool measuring cup ones: At Urban Outfitters

I haven't the faintest idea why I feel I MUST have a matryoshka doll except for the that I think some childhood friends had them and that they are beautiful. But it will be fun searching for them this summer when the antique shows, flea markets and garage sales are in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment