Friday, November 20, 2009

Reasons to NOT read the Twilight series…

1) Déjà vu.
Remember your first love? Heart pulsing, palm sweating, tongue tied first love?
You know who I’m talking about. That guy. You’ll go from current, stable self to a tittering teen in 0-60 pages flat.

2) You need to sleep.
I finished all four (not thin) books in eight day. EIGHT, people. And I have a toddler. I swear the books themselves turned me into a vampire. Ok, I just googled it and it’s 3,092 pages. Seriously. That’s a problem.

3) You are a grown up.
These main characters are teenagers. Not even legal adults for the entire first book. (Well OK, Edward’s immortal and, like 108, but he looks 17.) You are a grown person. With a 401k and a mortgage and a child and… well the need for an escape…

4) You will not find yourself in a packed theater from 7:45 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. watching back to back movies with hundreds of other squealing girls…. Yeah. We weren’t women last night. We were girls. Bouncing, blushing, squealing girls.

And I LOVED IT!!


Stephanie Meyer, thank you.
And friends who sucked me in, thank you even more for a fun, frivolous night.

...Can't wait 'til June for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment