Monday, November 16, 2009

Little man, big issues...

Friday, I dragged my sniffly, runny-nosed, ear-draining (gross, I know) boy to the doctor's office. Glad that I did, Ben Ben was diagnosed with a myriad of problems that I could have bet money on even before he was born: asthma, allergies, ear infections... ick...

So what's a mommy to do? What the doctor ordered:

  • Ear drops (a.m. and p.m.) --- Crap! I just realized I forgot them before he went to bed... crap, crap, crap... so, ok, that one's out tonight.
  • Singular (daily)
  • Inhaler (a.m. and p.m.) -- but this is waaaaay better than the breathing treatments and he actually likes taking the inhaler. Dodged a bullet here.
  • Anti-biotic (a.m. and p.m.)
  • Florastor -- needed to avoid the terrible yeast infections that follow the antibiotic

So, yeah, as you can imagine it's a process... and one I clearly haven't mastered (see first bullet above). But the good news: he's getting better... in fact, he's sleeping soundly right now -- no wheezing... keeping my fingers crossed he stays that way all night...

Side note: ever need an immediate doctor's appointment? Say "wheeze" ... just promise me you'll use this tip for good and not evil... remember someone else's little man (or woman) may really be wheezing....

No comments:

Post a Comment