Monday, January 24, 2011

Keepin' it real

I get asked this question a lot. And I always give the same answer: I don’t.

I have a lot on my plate – and I like it that way. I keep my plate full of stuff I love: Family, Pi Phi Alum Club, Advising the Ohio University Pi Phis, Book club, blogging, sewing/crafting, entertaining. I LOVE it all.


But that also means I make trade-offs. Like DAILY.


I choose sewing over laundry.


I choose playing with Ben over mopping.


I choose working out over unloading the dishwasher.


I choose driving to Athens for a Sunday over a grocery shopping.


But you know what? It’s worth it.


So if you would have come to my house Wednesday, you’d have see this laundry waiting to be folded in the middle of the kitchen.




Supplies from an icky cleanup left on the floor.






And me, in that big chair with my son. Watching Up.





And I’m OK with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment