Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kale chips -- try 'em!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I was in Florida on vacay, but I'm back and cooking and crafting up a storm!

I've heard of these, but never tried them until my sister in law mentioned that her fam's been addicted. We have very similar tastes, so I knew, I'd love 'em. I'm sure you will as well.

Even better news: only three ingredients!
  • Kale
  • Cooking spray
  • Salt
Preheat your oven to 350. While that's warming up, wash your kale and pull the leaves off of the thick stems. Throw the stems away and dry the leaves REALLY well. (I smooshed mine between a clean towel, but a salad spinner would work as well.)

Lay the kale on a single layer on a cookie sheet, then spray it well with cooking spray and add salt .

Bake for 10 mins. And DEVOUR.

The kale may be a little brown around the edges and it will be crispy and salty. I'm sure I'll be making variations on this recipe... chili powder... garlic salt... the possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment