Friday, August 13, 2010

My First Dress :)

As promised... pics of my first dress...
Now, full disclosure here, this dress is actually three pieces that I chopped up and put back together.
Before becoming a dress it was a white tank top, a fabric remnant and a too big dress with a built in bra from sample sale. (I mention the bra because I actually used the elastic band from it to cinch the waist.)

And just so you can get the full effect of the fun, swingy circle skit here's a pic of just how much fabric I used for the bottom.

Posted by Picasa
You know what I love most about it? It's so comfy! And simple to wear. I paired it with flip flops and a layered coral necklace from a wedding I was in (congrats again, Mr. and Mrs. Swenson!), and that was it. I was out the door!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sy,

    Your blog is great! I learned all kinds of new things about you that I never knew. Can't wait to try your chicken pot pie recipe. It was great seeing you on Saturday. Ben is the spitting image of your Dad. Quite the handsome little dude. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thanks, Linda! It was great to see you was well :)

    ReplyDelete