Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Last minute beach vacay




Remember this post? Well, I wasn't kidding.


All in that month:
  • Bri went to St. Louis
  • We hosted two birthday parties
  • I resigned from one job
  • I accepted another
  • We secured our renter for the next year for the condo
  • We booked a vacation on a Tuesday
  • We packed on a Wednesday and a Thursday
  • We left for vacation on a Friday
  • We returned on the following Thursday (at 11:00 p.m.)
  • I left for Florida for a convention Friday (at 4:00 a.m.)
  • I returned from Florida on Tuesday
  • I trained my replacement Wednesday and Thursday
  • I started my new job Friday...
  • The same day Ben got his tonsils out
Yeah. That was a lot.


And the last minute vacation was the best thing ever. I don't know how I would have survived without it.


We went to Myrtle Beach, technically Cherry Grove, which is north of North Myrtle. And, even though I swore I'd never go to Myrtle again (we went there a TON when I was growing up, like 9 or 10 years in a row), it was just what we needed: inexpensive, drivable, no passport required (mine's expired, Ben's is non-existent), beach, sun, pool.


Brian handled all the arrangements via Craig's List, which I highly recommend. The week before we left, it was a fire sale. Condo management companies were posting their not-yet-rented spaces on the cheap. And prices just kept dropping. Honestly, it was hard to pick which one we wanted. We ended up here at the Prince Resort, beach front. The building across the street had a lazy river. Both facilities were clean, convenient, easily accessible.


We enjoyed the beach all day (and I worked in the mornings and during nap time) then we explored Myrtle in the evenings. The shopping centers were packed, the food was over priced, but the nightly fireworks were fabulous and the family time was the best ever.


I'll share my lessons learned soon, but until then, enjoy the cutest kid on the beach.







No comments:

Post a Comment