Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today I washed...

Today I washed:
  • Laundry
  • Dishes
  • My kid
  • A wheelbarrow
  • My driveway

...but...

I never managed to wash myself. Ahhh... such is life as a homeowner and a mother. :)

That said, I had a fantastical Mother's Day. Just wonderful.

I slept in -- until 7:50 a.m. -- and woke up in a cabin in Hocking Hills. This morning was the morning after a fantastic bachelorette party for a fantabulous woman who'll make a supurb wife and a stellar mother herself some day. I know that's a lot of superlatives, but she's just that lovely. And so were the other women at the party.

I came home to a husband, mom and dad working in the yard. Mulching and weeding and making it look wonderful. Just so wonderful! (Have I mentioned I live in my dream home? I do. I LOVE our house.)

Speaking of that husband, he and Benjamin gave me the most thoughtful cards and gifts of chocolate... and a free pass to go on a fabric spree at JoAnn's. Woo hoo!

So at almost 11:00 p.m. on my third mother's day (yes, I count the one when I was pregnant), I am declaring this my best mother's day ever. And I'm certain I'll sleep well tonight. Mulching (and eating chocolate) is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment